The first fresh juice that I actually liked was a mixture of fresh carrots and orange juice. While trying to find my own favorite carrot juice recipe I created the 14 Karat Carrot Juice recipe. This mixture has a large number of carrots with oranges and apples to make it a little sweeter. If you know me I love tasty juices and instead of adding more and more oranges I decided to do something a little different. Because of the amazing taste of this juice, I am making it my first “Kid Approved” juice.
Ever since High School, I’ve been slowly becoming more and more nearsighted. My mom and dad have always promoted me to drink carrot juice to help with my vision. For a long time, I would buy fresh carrot juice without thinking about other health benefits. It wasn’t until my husband started researching the benefits of carrot juice that I learned a few new things.
Here are a few of the health benefits that caught my attention is the:
- Increase in Metabolism and energy
- Immune boost to help fight colds and flu
- Antioxidants to reduce the risk of other diseases
- Stronger eye vision!!!
When it comes to this recipe, I recommend juicing the softer fruit first and then move towards the carrots. This tip helps the juicer stay clean from overly collecting pulp and slowing the process down. If you are using a blender split this recipe into two batches to get through the recipe.
Carrot Cake Tip –
To not create any waste, I set aside the pulp of the carrots to use for my popular carrot cake recipe. This tip allows me to take full advantage of all the carrot pulp and create something sweet for later that day. Now you can use the carrot pulp for any carrot cake recipe or add to any yellow box cake mix to spice things up. This is a great way to make the most of your juicing experience if you’re using a juicer.
14 Karat Carrot Juice Recipe
- 8 Carrots
- 4 Oranges
- 2 Apples (Fuji or Pink Lady)
- Start by cutting up all the fruit and carrots to make sure they fit into your juicer.
- Juice the oranges and apples first. Then dump the pulp if you’re using the carrot cake tip.
- Lastly, juice the carrots and use the pulp for carrot cake or discard.
- Use a funnel to pour the juice into glass containers for the week or to freeze.
- El Dinero Green Juice Recipe
- Beet the Odds Juice Recipe
- Dominican Sazon (Wet Seasoning) Recipe
- Turning Budget Cuts into Family Traditions