Appetizer Friday’s are the best night of the week with deliciously easy recipes like bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers. Literally every time we make these bacon-wrapped appetizers, we get asked how to make them and if it’s difficult? The answer is nope, our secrete to easily make these jalapeno poppers is to cook them in an AirFryer. This allows us to make several appetizers while those poppers are being made.
The second tip I have when making bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers is how to wrap them. My husband and I wrap them from the top of the largest part of the jalapeno and keep twisting the bacon pretty tightly down. If the piece of bacon is really long, we then re-wrap it back up the jalapeno. A lot of times the bacon does seem to be a too long, so we also like to cut them in half to make more poppers if the jalapenos are small. This is a great tip if you have a lot of bacon and cream cheese and again if the jalapenos are not that big. Those are the top tips that I think everyone needs to know before making bacon-wrapped Jalapeno Poppers.
- 1 package of bacon (12 slices) cut in half
- 12 Jalapenos
- 1 package of Cream Cheese
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Recipe
- The first step to making bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers is to properly wash and cut the jalapenos. I personally use a bit of apple-cider vinegar to wash my veggies.
- To cut the jalapenos, I recommend cutting the tops off and slice top to bottom.
After that, you want to de-seed the jalapeno. Make sure you wash your hands after to not accidentally touch your face or eyes.
- Next up, you want to get a spoon to add cream cheese into the halved jalapeno and level off.
- Then, you will wrap the bacon from top to bottom and even back up if the bacon is long. Here is where I recommend cutting the bacon in half since the bacon is usually too long for half a jalapeno.
- Lastly, you want to either cook your bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers in the oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until they brown. Or you can use an AirFryer, which is much faster since it will only take 15 minutes to cook.