My daughter and I have been watching a ton of YouTube videos of princess inspired desserts and dishes. This gave me a great idea to do our own with a little princess dessert. Since spring is already on its way, what better way to celebrate than with a princess-inspired ambrosia fruit salad. I realized the only thing that made most of those desserts “princessy” was the little red food coloring to make it pink. This is an easy recipe for any busy mom who wants to give their daughter and family a royal experience.
Millennial Mom Switch
For this recipe, I decided to skip the canned fruit and use fresh fruit. I did cave into using Cool Whip and the maraschino cherries to keep the recipe simple and sweet. I try my hardest to use natural ingredients and leave out any artificial sweeteners in our daily diet but sometimes it’s okay. I also caved into using food coloring as a quick way to turn the ambrosia fruit salad pink. Having fun with your desserts is probably the best part about this fruit salad.
The most important part about this recipe is how easy and fun it was making. My daughter and I had a blast mixing the pudding, the cool whip and the red food coloring turning everything pink. Adding the marshmallows was also a fun little treat since we ate a good amount of them while making the fruit salad. I love summer desserts and can’t wait to share more of our little kitchen adventures with my Princessa Raelyn. These moments are going by so fast and these quick desserts help me get back to the everlasting memories with my babies.
So here is the Princess Ambrosia Fruit Salad recipe:
Total Time: 5 Minutes
Serving: 10-15 Servings
2 cups of Grapes
2 cups of Strawberries (5-6 strawberries)
1 cup of Maraschino cherries
½ container of Cool Whip (to taste)
1 box of Vanilla Pudding
1 cup of Coconut shred
½ cup of walnuts (optional)
2-3 drops of Red Food Coloring
1 ½ cup of Marshmallows
- Peel and cut all of the fruit into cube sized portions. For the grapes and cherries, simply cut into halves. Then mix all of the fruit together in a bowl including the coconut shreds and walnuts as an option.
- Make the vanilla pudding following the directions on the box. You can also use coconut flavor pudding as another option.
- Mix the thawed Cool Whip and pudding with 2-3 drops of red food coloring to get pink color if desired.
- Then mix everything together and garnish with extra coconut shreds, maraschino cherries, and walnuts if desired.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before enjoying for a refreshing dessert.