My daughter has been turning more and more girly by the hour. She has been pretending to put on lipstick with her crayons, putting ketchup on her fingernails to look like red nail polish and putting her oatmeal on her face like a face mask. It has all been super cute, but very messy. So I decided to do a little girl’s Home Spa Day and try an easy avocado face mask.
When I pulled out the nail polish and the face mask that I wiped up, she instantly had the biggest grin. When doing her nails she opened her hands to let them air dry, too adorable. And when putting the avocado face mask she quickly stuck her tongue out to taste it. I am not sure if she is falling for avocados or how sweet the face mask tasted. FYI the face mask is pretty sweet and I didn’t use much honey. At the end of the day, it was such a blast letting her experience a good home spa treatment provided by mommy.
Natural and Honest Beauty Benefits
I wanted to share with you guys some of the hidden benefits from the natural and delicious ingredients that I honestly didn’t know off the top of my head. I also had to do some research to make sure none of the ingredients were too harsh on little Raelyn’s face and 100% kid-friendly. For the batch I made for us I used less lemon just to avoid the skin brightening effect.
- Avocado: Filled with vitamins & moisturizing. Vitamin E, healthy fats and antioxidants can help keep your skin smooth.
- Lemon: Astringent & clarifying. It contains citric acid which might help to brighten the skin.
- Honey: Moisturizing & can also help brighten the skin. Honey has natural antibacterial & antimicrobial properties as well.
How to DIY your Avocado Lemon Face Mask
Final Result: DIY Avocado Lemon Face Maks
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1 Tbs Honey
- 1/2 Tbs Lemon Juice
**Probably use less lemon when using for children.
- Wash your face with warm water to remove any excess oils & makeup.
- Mash avocado in a bowl with the back of a fork or spoon. Mix in honey & lemon juice.
- Apply to your clean face with a makeup brush or fingers. Let sit for about 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Follow with your usual skincare regime.
** For a more smooth texture, use a blender for about a second or two.